Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A-MAZE-ING LAUGHTER. Strolling through Vancouver B.C. Granville Island to Laughing Statues/Sunset Beach


  The rain started coming down when I was checking out the hammocks on Granville Island,  after nearly falling asleep I got my raincoat on, took out my umbrella, hopped on the Aquabus and headed towards Sunset Beach across False Creek to find the Laughing staues that I saw in a magazine a few months back. The rain continued to pick up but I was one of the few out on the bike trail and beach. So very nice and peaceful that way. The rain parted and left me watching a couple of Harbor Seals and a Grey Heron feeding at the edge of creek. Luckily, I snapped a few picks of the heron in action and a few hard to catch seals looking my way. Along the way I found a few more pics that looked interesting as well. I end this blog with the A-Maze-Ing Laughter Statues. This is a small portion of a city-wide celebration for the Vancouver Biennale. This is just one of the many things that make Vancouver such a great city!
 "Pursuing the theme “in-TRANSIT-ion”, the 2009-2011 exhibition will expand and situate art along bike routes, at the Vancouver International Airport, at new Canada Line stations and wrapped on buses and rapid transit trains. In doing so, the exhibition will emphasise the physical movement of people in our mobile society, as well as our changing attitudes and sensibilities towards public art." http://www.vancouverbiennale.com/index.php 

Close to the Aquabus landing.



Lifeguards were out today along with a small portion of Vancouver Island in the distance.


Got to love palm trees in the Pacific NW!

"Venet illustrates the beauty, balance and plasticity of raw steel in his artistically mathematical manipulations of this industrial material. Nature, the universe, and life are all interconnected and explainable mathematically according to Venet . "217.5 X 13" was acquired by the Vancouver Biennale as a Legacy work at the conclusion of the 2005-2007 Biennale." http://www.vancouverbiennale.com/sculptures_detail.php?sculptureID=26










Inukshuk and the Burrand Bridge


Sunset Beach


It would be nice to have a tree up there.

Me.

I really thought I was up here in September. May 27? Is that right?

"Yue Minjun uses his own iconic face in a state of hysterical laughter as a signature trademark. Recognized universally as a sign of happiness, the smile raises questions of intent and interpretation. One of the most influential contemporary artists in China, Yue Minjun represents the new wave of Chinese artistic freedom. A-maze-ing Laughter marks Yue Minjun's Canadian debut." http://www.vancouverbiennale.com/sculptures_page.php?sculptureID=15






I'm feeling good in the sun and a smile on my face!












I love the little girl checking out the smiles!


Hope you enjoyed.
Until next time my friends...
Adventure On!

No comments:

Post a Comment