Monday, October 3, 2011

Dickerman Mountain Nov. 2, 2011 Lucy and I.

  A great time to go on a hike that I have been wanting to do for awhile, Dickerman Mountain. I was going to go Thursday for my birthday but time would not allow, so I went on Sunday when there was a small window with a break in the weather.
  When reading descriptions of hiking trails, I never can imagine how great the hike will be until I actually experience it for myself. This hike had a little of everything, with the exception of an alpine lake or two but did offer a great trail conditions, (a very special Thank-you to all the volunteers that help make this trail great to hike!) Old Growth trees, Alpine Meadows, wildflowers, and uninterrupted views of the Cascade Mountain range if you are willing to work a little to get to the top.
  In total, the trail measured 8.6 miles round trip with options to go further as I learned when Lucy and I got the top and saw the trail continue along the ridge line below the peak. If we had more time we would have without a doubt continued on exploring.  If time and the elevation gain doesn't get you (low point 1980' to high point 5,720', elevation gain 3,820') then go further!  It is getting late in the season so hurry on up to the top, the wildflowers are still in bloom! If not this year, you will probably have to wait until mid-July as the snow tends to pile up quickly here.
 You will not be disappointed!!!














Twin Peaks.





Great place for lunch.

Lucy loving the views.

Big Four Mountain and Ice Caves.
My next stop! 
Dickerson Mountain. Going up! 
Views are great everywhere.


The lone rock cairn on the trail.
Lovely Old Growth.

Until next time my friends...
Adventure On!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment